The EFC continues to address medical assistance in dying (MAiD) legislation in Canada and its planned expansion in March 2023. People with mental illness alone will become eligible for MAiD (euthanasia). They need hope.
It’s possible some Canadians may choose MAiD because they feel they have no other options. Recent EFC research also shows some people who become destitute might choose MAiD rather than live without enough money. They need hope.
Let’s join together as an EFC community and pray God will intervene and persuade MPs to revise the current MAiD legislation scheduled to become permanent in March 2023.
Matt. 2:17-18 will set the focus: “Then what was said through the prophet Jeremiah was fulfilled: ‘A voice is heard in Ramah, weeping and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because they are no more.’”
Our prayer will occur during the first week of Advent with the theme of Hope. In keeping with Advent, let’s pray for Jesus to come and rescue those affected by this hopeless legislation which will cause weeping and great mourning.
One Hour EFC Nationwide Zoom Prayer on MAiD
Time: Thursday, December 1, 2022, (8 a.m. Pacific / 9 a.m. Mountain / 10 a.m. Central / 11:00 a.m. Eastern / Noon Atlantic / 12:30 p.m. NL).
Welcome: Roger Helland, EFC Prayer Ambassador, Airdrie, AB
• Presentation on MAiD, Julia Beasley, EFC Director of Public Policy
• Corporate Prayer for MAiD
◦ Chris & Marilyn Byberg, Directors, National House of Prayer, Ottawa, ON
◦ Phil Wagler, EFC Global Liaison Peace & Reconciliation Network, Kelowna, BC
◦ Beth Hiemstra, EFC Policy Analyst, Ottawa, ON
◦ James Eagles, President, Intercede International, Fort Erie, ON
◦ Neil Cudney, President, Emmanuel Bible College, Kitchener, ON
• Prayer for MAiD in Breakout Rooms, All Participate
• Blessing: Roger Helland, EFC Prayer Ambassador, Airdrie, AB
Let’s unite as evangelicals to bless Canada in the name of Jesus!
Meeting ID: 885 4711 3616
Please invite others to join you in the prayer gathering and distribute this widely.